Gamefast 2: The Plum Sake Slushie Mandate!
For those not in the know, my first attempt at Gamefast lasted just over 8 weeks and I ended up 3 months shy of my ultimate goal. You know what the crazy thing is? I ended my last quest to pre-order the Wii U, and I never ended up buying the damned thing. Allegations of child labour (I'm not so naive to think that other systems haven't been made using less-than-ethically-sound means, but still!) and news of the delay of Rayman Legends was enough for me to move the deposit to something less problematic (he says sheepishly, knowing that he used that money to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops II).
For the sequel, I aim to last until April 30 - the current release date for Injustice: Gods Among Us. I'm not even really interested in that title specifically, if anything, the true tests of my willpower include the following:
- Devil May Cry (DmC) - January 15th
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - February 21st
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - March
- Gears of War: Judgment - March 19th
- Bioshock Infinite - March 26th
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (plus limited edition console) - April
I'm going to take this Gamefast as an opportunity to not only attack my Pile of Shame, but also try and expand my horizons and read a bit more. My New Year's resolution for 2012 was to read 4 books: a feat I just managed to accomplish. For 2013, I want to best that (2 down so far) as well as get into some semblance of "shape".
For the sake of transparency, I'll lay out the rules for this thing in plain English:
- I cannot buy any game, item of downloadable content or item of gaming hardware until April 30th. This also includes apps for my phone and tablet.
- Free-to-play acquisitions are allowed provided that no in-app purchases are made.
- Gifts are acceptable. If I ask you for a game specifically, tell me to "Show some dignity, broheim."
- If I fail, I will pledge $200 to a charity of choice (if you have any suggestions, please hit me with them).
Wish me luck, people.