Saturday, June 2

Raw animal lust in a steamy Tokyo Jungle

When my fellow contributor, Dawson and I were studying marketing at university, I canvassed him and a friend for interest in forming a band. I had no musical talent whatsoever, but was interested in writing music about dolphins romancing other dolphins. It was fodder for a great many jokes at the time, but writing a comedy album was something that I desperately wanted to do.

The desire to write lyrics hasn't faded completely, however, I'm fairly sure music about aquatic life making love has limited commercial appeal. That, and as above, I have no musical talent; I can't even sing.

What do my unrealised musical aspirations have to do with videogames? Well, let me answer that question with a question: Have you seen anything regarding Tokyo Jungle?


What I've seen of the game is far more compelling than anything I could've written, and while I detest violence against animals in videogames, animal-on-animal violence is arguably natural. Sure, a velociraptor wouldn't have encountered a panda during the Cretaceous Period, but you'd imagine a raptor would be pretty far up the food chain if it existed in the modern day. More to the point, this brawler, platformer and animal love simulator is powerfully different to anything else out there on the market. 

Also, what other game have you seen with a trailer narrated by a Pomeranian? 


I'm saddened by the thought that this probably won't see a Western release, but I may just import this one. Even if I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

3 comments:

  1. Those dolphins were dirty! I don't remember much of finance but I do remember those songs and they were the balls. We should so start a band. A tone deaf, musically inept comedy hardcore band. Look out Brisbane music scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolphin Love just hit number 1 on the Billboard Top 100!!!

      Delete
  2. Haha watch out Lonely Island, here comes Dolphin Love!

    ReplyDelete